Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi dudes I can't seem to install mint 15 on my hp laptop I put the cd in and it dosen't boot. I can get to [F9] boot menue where ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Cannot install mint

Hi dudes I can't seem to install mint 15 on my hp laptop I put the cd in and it dosen't boot. I can get to [F9] boot menue where I can select to boot from cd however the file just gives me the menue with saying running mint and no installation?? I don't know why that is so, may be the file I donwloaded is not an installation file? "linuxmint-15-cinnamon-dvd-64bit.iso" Anyone has any sugestions?

Linux Guru
    Run Mint live first off of dvd and install after booting into a desktop. Also was a md5sum check done of downloaded Mint iso?

Edit: I see you ran Ubuntu 12.04 before. Md5sum is simple in Ubuntu if you downloaded Mint iso to there.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

You can also get into your BIOS and set it up to automatically look at the USB first then the CD/DVD drive second and finally the internal hard drive third, that way it's much easier to boot from a Live USB or CD/DVD since you won't have to F9 to select anything.
    Also, rokytnji said is correct, you need to boot to the live desktop then you can double click the "install" icon and go from there to install. Hope you get it install, Linux Mint is a pretty awesome Op System IMHO.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close