Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I am experiencing the same bug with Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon for the second time now. On my computer I have both Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon and Windows 7 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Mint Cinnamon stoppes working

Hi!
    I am experiencing the same bug with Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon for the second time now.
    On my computer I have both Linux Mint 15 Cinnamon and Windows 7 installed. I am using Linux as my primary OS. The same bug I have experienced twice now, appears out of no where. After I turn on the computer, logs in to Linux everything seams fine, but when I start any of my applications (even terminal), or does anything in linux, all the displays go blank (the windows are see through). This happens every time I start Linux after the bug appeares the first time. See attachement for image.
    The first time this appeared I tried to access recovery mode and reset all settings to default, but this did not solve the problem. I ended up re-installing linux mint. For a couple of days everything seemed to work fine, but now the same bug has reappeared.

Has anyone discovered this error before?

It has crossed my mine that this may be a hardware problem, but Windows 7 is running without any problems so I doubt that hardware is the problem.
    Anyway my hardware is:

Motherboard: Z87-PRO
    CPU: Intel Core i7
    Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870

Kind regards,
    Audun
    Attached Images Attached Images

What about your drivers?

I think Mint should use these ....

Code:
    lspci | grep VGA
    to double check the card

Code:
    lsmod | grep radeon
    to detect the driver for Radeon

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply.
    It did not seem to work so I uninstalled Mint and installed Ubuntu instead. It seems a bit more stable

Cheers,

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close