Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, My computer was recently taken out by a virus, so I took the oppertunity to make the long planned move to Linux. So far I could not be much ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Noob, Mint 15 glitchy monitor

Hi,

My computer was recently taken out by a virus, so I took the oppertunity to make the long planned move to Linux. So far I could not be much happier!

One small issue:

I run a Dell XPS laptop that I plug into a 23" iiyama monior for watching movies, this has always worked fine for Windows.
    But when I try using the monitor now I get traces on the mouses pointer that stay on the screen for ages. I have tried fiddling with the display settings but I only cause more problems. It would be nice if I could have a seperate work space on each monitor, but if that is not possible then I would be happy having them both showing the same thing.

Any help would be much appreciated

On Mint 14 Mate Desktop (samsung RV10 Laptop) hooked up to my 60 inch TV to watch movies. I have no problem with the Mouse disappearing. You forgot to mention what Desktop you are running in Mint also.

Also not sure what you followed for installing Mint so,

The Perfect Desktop - Linux Mint 15 (Olivia) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

Linux Mint Forums ? View topic - [SOLVED] Dell XPS 15 Touchpad Not Working

You Might want to post in this thread between code tags

Code:
    inxi -F
    Also.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This sort of issue is often a video driver issue. Is your Dell using an Intel integrated GPU, an nVidia, or other, or both? Your answer will help me better advise you.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!