Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am installing Linux for the first time. I am trying to install Apache OpenOffice 4.01. There are a lot of DEB files, but I can't seem to install any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dependency Error

I am installing Linux for the first time.

I am trying to install Apache OpenOffice 4.01. There are a lot of DEB files, but I can't seem to install any but the menus. I keep getting the following message:

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: ooobasis3.4-ar

Come to think of it, none of the files have 3.4. They are all 4.0.1-5. ooo*3.4 is from the obsolete OpenOffice.org package in the Sofware Manager.

There are a lot of DEB files. Which do I start with? Or is there another problem that needs to be fixed first?

Code:
    sudo apt-get install -f
    can help you.

There is one more toold which will take care of dep's automatically named as gdebi.
    Code:
    sudo apt-ger install gdebi
    Then
    Code:
    sudo gdebi <deb file path>.deb

Code:
    sudo gdebi <deb file path>.deb
    I am stuck on this one. There are over 40 deb files to be installed. Is there a way to use a wildcard in this command to process these all at once?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    yes we have that too. In such case your command is

sudo gdebi *.deb

Sent from my Xperia J using Tapatalk

Arrgh! I am still getting the same message: Dependency is not satisfiable: openoffice-core01

There is a file, openoffice-core01_4.0.1-5_amd64.deb. All of the files end with the same suffix: _4.0.2-5_amd64

It was so long ago and Iím just getting around to follow up on my threads here. This one is a problem though because I finally installed AOO properly, but canít remember how exactly. I do know that I*had to re-install Linux Mint and not install LibreOffice. I also remember I had to completely remove the old OpenOffice.org from one of the folders in root (etc?). After that installing Apache OpenOffice with the sudo command worked. Basically, there was a conflict with the obsolete OOo and LibreOffice.

I remember now. There is a help thread on how to install OpenOffice on Linux in the Apache OpenOffice Community Forum: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/foru...=50119#p228095
    Last edited by WhitePhoenix; 05-12-2014 at 05:25 AM.