Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been searching youtube for some how-to tutorials on resetting Ubuntu based operating systems to their default settings, and have had no such luck. I see tons of videos on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question How To Reset Linux OS To Default Settings?

I've been searching youtube for some how-to tutorials on resetting Ubuntu based operating systems to their default settings, and have had no such luck. I see tons of videos on resetting Windows though. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Just Joined!
    I would suggest instead of searching YouTube you just go ahead and use Google. Search for the answer for your specific distribution and desktop environment. If you are using Mint with Cinnamon the process will be a little different than Ubuntu running Gnome or Unity. The easy fix will be a reset of the Desktop Environment to default.

When you say reset the OS to default, are you also referring to wiping saved apps or data?
    Or just resetting configuration settings? If it's the second, then bcbuch gave a fine tip on using specific Google searches.

If you're wanting an OS with only default apps and data, then a reinstall would do it.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.