Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a 16gb USB 2.0 flash drive that I had partitioned into three partitiions: Partition one was about 1.5gb and contained an image of a live linux distro Partition ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Recover files that disappeared from LUKS encrypted volume on USB flash

I have a 16gb USB 2.0 flash drive that I had partitioned into three partitiions:

Partition one was about 1.5gb and contained an image of a live linux distro Partition two was 12gb LUKS ext4 encrypted and contained over 1gb of data Partition three was 2.5gb Ext4

Today I opened up my encrypted partition and there were no files in there. When I checked the properties of the volume Disk Utility shows that it recognizes that some space was being used in the 12 gb LUKS volume.

I really just need one file that was just a gedit text file without any extention that was on the 12gb LUKS volume. Is there any way to recover it? I know the filename. I already tried testdisk and scalpel with no luck--

Here's a screenshot of how my system is recognizing the volume:

Is there any chance I could recover my files or even just my one file that contained only text and had no extention? Any help greatly appreciated.

Now that I look I might have actually used FAT (like is shown) though I can't 100% remember.
    Attached Images Attached Images