Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi , i have just installed linux mint parllel to windows,through USB I am not getting menu option at the starting of BIOS.Everytime i have to plugin USB then can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs up Not getting linux menu option during startup of BIOS.

Hi , i have just installed linux mint parllel to windows,through USB
    I am not getting menu option at the starting of BIOS.Everytime i have to plugin USB then can access my system.
    It looks like it installed on pendrive instead of HDD.
    I make 20Gb , root partioton , 8 Gb Swap, rest of it for home folder under ext4 filesystem.

Linux Guru
    Do you have windows 8 installed? If so, did you disable Secure Boot in the BIOS? If you have another release of windows, which one? Are you sure you have set the Boot option in the BIOS to boot from the hard drive? When you installed Mint, did you select to install the Mint bootloader to the master boot record? or to the Linux Mint partition?

I would suggest that in order to get more help, you provide more detailed information. You can get detailed information about drives/partitions and boot files by going to the site below, reading the instructions then downloading and running the bootinfoscript. This will provide detailed information in a results.txt file which you can post here for help. The script needs to be run from Linux so just boot your Mint medium and go to the site.

Boot Info Script | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net