Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've installed Wine on Linux Mint 16 to run setup.exe files from Windows, but when i run the .exe file, a very small-sized window appears, the setup seems to work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine size window is too small!

I've installed Wine on Linux Mint 16 to run setup.exe files from Windows, but when i run the .exe file, a very small-sized window appears, the setup seems to work but i can't read anything.

The same happens when i run wine configurations, then i think the problem is on Wine application.

The window looks minimized, but it's not possible to maximize or resize it!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi tjba22 and wecome to the forums. The 'setup.exe' file is from what application? There might be a 'how to' out there on the net that tells how to deal with the problem you're having with that application. Are you not able to configure wine at all using the Wine configuration utility, winecfg? This thread may offer some help... [Wine] Cannot maximise or resize window.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    yeah, that's the problem, in this application i'm not able to maximize or resize winecfg window. I get a window so tiny, i can't even read a word on it, it's like a 1x1 window hahaha

Have you check the forums on the Wine website? Here's one post....

WineHQ Forums ? View topic - Wine : dialog box too small

Just Joined!
    it's not necessary, it's already solved! initially, i installed wine from source code but when the terminal asked me about some missing necessary packages, it also asked about freetype development fonts but i could configure wine without it, now that i installed freetype development, wine finally worked properly!

I think the problem was about the fonts that were missing there, i knew it could be something related to this, that's why i couldn't see one word in the window.

Cool, if you could change the thread to Solved so other know there is an answer. Go to the Thread Tools menu to change the status of the thread.