Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I'm a little bit more than novice and just shy of intermediate and wish I had more time to get head deep into linux. I'm following this tutorial on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Using SSHFS to mount windows share - no such file or directory

Hi!

I'm a little bit more than novice and just shy of intermediate and wish I had more time to get head deep into linux.

I'm following this tutorial on Setting up a Virtualbox Virtual Machine for Web Development with Multiple Sites using mod_vhost_alias and VirtualDocumentRoot and I was doing so good. Just Google that exact title -> Setting up a Virtualbox Virtual Machine for Web Development with Multiple Sites using mod_vhost_alias and VirtualDocumentRoot and you'll see the tutorial I was working off of.

Code:
    sshfs#Dave(at)192.168.201.1://DAVE-PC/VirtualWWW /var/www fuse comment=sshfs,defaults,idmap=user,allow_other,uid=33,gid=33,transform_symlinks,noauto,users,exec,BatchMode=yes,nonempty 0 0
    **Replace the (at) with the at sign.

The reply I get is:

bash: sshfs#Dave(at)192.168.201.1://DAVE-PC/VirtualWWW: No such file or directory
    The share exists on the windows side the user Dave has full control.

And if I try and mount /var/www via command line I get this:

dave(at)linux-mint ~ $ sudo mount /var/www
    [sudo] password for dave:
    read: Connection reset by peer
    My ssh is working cause if I go :

dave(at)linux-mint ~ $ ssh Dave(at)192.168.201.1
    Last login: Thu Apr 3 01:05:35 2014 from linux-mint

Dave(at)Dave-PC ~
    What I find odd is that once I'm ssh'd in to the windows box from the linux virtual guest that I cannot traverse the directory structure. Could that be my problem? And if so how do I fix it?

I'm rather lost at this point and need a good bit of help figuring this out. My first time dabbling with ssh.

Thank you so much in advance!

Regards,

Dave

Linux Enthusiast
    In order to use sshfs, the machine with the disk to be shared must be running a SSH SERVER. Most windows machines do not have a SSH SERVER.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by alf55 View Post
    In order to use sshfs, the machine with the disk to be shared must be running a SSH SERVER. Most windows machines do not have a SSH SERVER.
    Thanks for answering. I am running an ssh server, cygwin to be exact. I took a while to find that part I needed but it was there. Cydrive function allows you to traverse outside of the cygwin home. Once I did that I was able to due the sshfs.

Note to anybody else! You cannot use softlinks/symlinks when creating a sshfs share with a windows PC.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close