Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a slight problem with installing Linux Mint, every time I try to install it, it just brings me to render mode, and I'm trying to dual boot ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with installation of Linux mint.

Hi,
    I have a slight problem with installing Linux Mint, every time I try to install it, it just brings me to render mode, and I'm trying to dual boot Linux alongside windows 8,
    Oh and my laptop has 4 partitions on it already should I delete 2 of them?
    I used to have zorin os on my old laptop and that was very easy to install, and I tried installing it again on my new one it still didn't want to work so I'm trying linux mint and I'm still getting no where.
    ( I am not a technical person, I am a noob and I apologise if I just asked a obvious question.)

Linux Guru
    If you already have four primary partitions and none of them is an Extended partition with unallocated space, you don't have anywhere to install it. For useful information to get help, boot the Mint CD and when you get to the Desktop, open a Terminal and type: sudo fdisk -l(Lower Case Letter L in the command) and post the output which will show your drive/partition information.

Windows 8 has Secure Boot and that should be disabled in the BIOS. Also disable Fastboot if you have that option and enable Legacy Boot if you have that.

What is on the four partitions, in particular the two you would delete? Do you have a windows installation disk or a recovery disk. I don't know why Mint would be any more difficult to install than Zorin as they are both Ubuntu derivatives and use the same installer. I would guess your problem is related to having windows 8 and its Secure Boot. You might do an online search to read up on Secure Boot also.