Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by sgosnell Maybe I'm reading it the wrong way, but what would gparted have to do with gedit? Gparted is a partition editor, while gedit is a text ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    Maybe I'm reading it the wrong way, but what would gparted have to do with gedit? Gparted is a partition editor, while gedit is a text editor.
    LOL, well okay, I haven't really had a need to do anything with Gparted before now, unless creating partitions when I first installed the OS counts. I still don't understand why it keeps saying that it needs mime, or should I say, it doesn't handle the type of mime required. I've tried using wine to open it, but that was a flop. I guess my next move is to format the card.

Just Joined!
    I've been messing with device lists, such as:

Code:
    ls -l /sys/class/scsi_host/ | sed 's/.*\ host/host/'
    total 0
    With result:

Code:
    host0 -> ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.1/ata1/host0/scsi_host/host0
    host1 -> ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.1/ata2/host1/scsi_host/host1
    host2 -> ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata3/host2/scsi_host/host2
    host3 -> ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/ata4/host3/scsi_host/host3
    host4 -> ../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb1/1-6/1-6:1.0/host4/scsi_host/host4
    As you can see, the device seems to be listed there at the end, as scsi_host/host4, but other than that, the system doesn't seem to have a way to handle any cards plugged into the device.
    So, it seems that this is a matter of how to get Linux to not just see the device, but to find, and use the driver/application/what-ever to use the device.

I don't really have a clue, so please feel free to chime in. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3