Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
I ask this question, because the only drivers available through my searches for one are for Windows. However, it is a piece of hardware, and it reads four different types ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How Can I Get A Teac Muilti Card Reader To Be Readable By Linux?

I ask this question, because the only drivers available through my searches for one are for Windows. However, it is a piece of hardware, and it reads four different types of memory cards, or I should say, it SHOULD read four different types of memory cards. It worked while I was using Windows XP Pro, but I didn't dare keep using that OS, so now all of my computers are Linux Mint Mate 16.

It seems like there should be a way to get those card readers functioning on Linux Mint, but I haven't been able to figure it out. The strange thing is that the system can see the reader/s, but when I try to mount them, it just gives me an error message that the application necessary to mount them is unknown.

Is this a lost cause, or is there something that can work with this card reader. This is a plea to any expert out there that might have ideas in this area. Thanks.

Are there storage cards in the reader? You won't be able to mount an empty reader, because there is nothing to mount.

Just Joined!
    Yes. Thanks for that, I should have mentioned that part. Yes, I tried it with three different three different cards, or I should say two different cards, one of them having been inserted into a different adapter each time.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Well, I don't know then. Card readers should work. I haven't actually run Mint for a couple of years, so I don't recall how to investigate Ubuntu derivatives.

Just Joined!
    That's all right. Thanks for taking notice.

Does anyone else have any suggestions. I tried the Mint Forums, but no one would answer me. I even posted in the "Hardware" section, so that's why I came here. If no one in this forum knows, I guess no one does.

Card readers are cheap enough, that it would probably be more cost/time effective to just replace it.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by mandomank View Post

Does anyone else have any suggestions. I tried the Mint Forums, but no one would answer me.
    Strange that, I just searched the Mint forums and there are no posts about it! //forums.linuxmint.com

Just Joined!
    That link should read Linux Mint Forums ? Index page

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlebay777 View Post
    Strange that, I just searched the Mint forums and there are no posts about it! //forums.linuxmint.com
    forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=160869

I evidently haven't made enough posts on this forum to make the above address a URL. If you don't want to help, that's fine, but don't call me a liar.

Just Joined!
    Sorry, I only went back a couple of weeks! But I see it says posted by mandoman on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:31 am . No offence, I thought you meant recently.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast