Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, I'm new to this forum, so lets first introduce myself. Im Steven, a 24 year old grad student who just started a new job. I live in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Boot problem from usb to internal hdd

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, so lets first introduce myself.
    Im Steven, a 24 year old grad student who just started a new job. I live in the Netherlands.

Im having trouble with my Linux mint 13.

Yesterday I installed it on my samsung nc-10 netbook to get rid of good old windows xp.
    After some little problems i finally got it working.
    However...
    It now boots from a external usb. As far as i know, I've installed it on the netbooks internal hdd itself. However, the netbook doesn't boot when I take the usb out. Even after changing my bios settings (to internal hdd prefer above external usb).

My question here is... How can I change the boot so my netbook boots from the internal hdd and doesnt need the usb stick anymore.

Looking forward to solve the problem

Ps. Sorry for my lack of English sometimes

Linux Guru
    However, the netbook doesn't boot when I take the usb out
    Something went wrong with the bootloader installation. The default setting in Mint is to install the bootloader to the mbr of the first drive. To clarify, you have one internal hard drive and the external usb stick from which you installed Mint, is that correct? Do you have any other drives attached or did you during the installaation? In order to get enough information so that someone could help, I would suggest that you boot the Mint medium and go to the website below. Read the instructions in the link in the Description box, then download and run the bootinfoscript and post the output here, a results.txt file. This will give information on drives/partitions and boot files as well as where the bootloader files are and someone should be able to help.

Boot Info Script | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net