Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Two seperate Screens in Login Screen but duplicated Screen after Login

Hey everybody,

I am fairly new to Linux and installed Linux Mint 18 KDE about two weeks ago.
    I am using two monitors(1 HDMI/1DVI).
    Everything worked fine until a few days ago when I logged in, my screen got mirrored. Some of the launchers I created where also not there anymore.
    Sometimes when I log out and log in again the two monitors work separatly again, sometimes they do not.

I got not a clue whats the problem here and hoped that some of you might help me out!

Thanks a lot in advance!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What video card / driver are you using, and is this a laptop?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I am using an AMD Card of the HD 7700 Series and no it is my desktop pc. I haven't installed any drivers so I guess I am using the open sources ones which came with Linux Mint ?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Alright I just solved the problem! I went to desktops once again and tried some of the settings when I realized that both of my monitors were on top of each other and since they are both the same size, it looked like there was only one. And of course then they displayed the same content.

After five days of intense online investigation it feels so good to know the reason even though the problem was so easy to solve

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for your help Rubberman!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    -->
    You did exactly what I was going to suggest. Haven't had time to get back to you on this, but I'm happy you figured it out on your own - you learn more that way!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!