Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I like the concept of DuckDuckGo, but in reality the search results are lacking when compared directly to other search engines. On my system, for my needs, I have really only found one or two decent search engines that actually return results that I can work with.

Everyone has different needs, and I guess that is why there are different products on the market.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. I live in the English speaking world, I use the Oxford English Dictionary as a source. The OED has added the word Google as a generic verb that means to perform an internet search using any search engine. So when someone says to "Google it" they are not necessarily using Google as a search engine.

Just Joined!
    Here is another good choice;

https://www.startpage.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Bennett View Post
    I live in the English speaking world, I use the Oxford English Dictionary as a source. The OED has added the word Google as a generic verb that means to perform an internet search using any search engine. So when someone says to "Google it" they are not necessarily using Google as a search engine.
    first: idiots. they should go back to upholding the Queens English, instead of giving blowjobs to the masses.
    second: if it really is an official oxford english verb, you're probably not supposed to Capitalize it.
    third: nevermind my lack/misuse of capitalisation. i'm simply too lazy to use the shift key.
    fourth: "let me duckduckgo that for you" - doesn't it roll off the tongue much nicer? no it doesn't...
    I am not a "Linux Guru"! Get off me! The Forum software won't let me change it!
    How to ask smart questions | Don't be a Help Vampire | How to Use Code Tags
    You can post a link by removing "http://www." from it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    It is still capitalized because a company owns the name. The OED added the word Zerox to the dictionary back in the 1970s as a verb that means to copy something, such as "Please make a Zerox of this for me." The word Zerox in that sentence is still capitalized because Zerox is a company's name, but according to the OED it can still be used as generic verb without referring to anything that relates to using Zerox brand equipment.

In the proper context of the OED, the word Google still has to be capitalized in order to be correct.