Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: log-in issue

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

log-in issue

running LM18.3X "live". I never needed to login before, however, after "upgrading", log-in is required? Well, never had a log-in/password so...can't "open" 18.3X. How do I get around this?
    BTW...should it take 1hr.20+ mins to "upgrade"? I don't believe so?
    Rick

Linux User
    User: Mint Password: empty.

Please don't type "empty".

I haven't used mint for a long time but as I remember it follows ubuntu. Ubuntu uses sudo and admin password rather than a root password so, likewise, mint would require you to choose a password when you installed it, even though you had autologin set up.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    you updated a live session?
    you know it will be all gone when you reboot, right?

RE: nihili

Uhm... no I don't know that. I have 4 Gb's persistence on the drive....so "no" it should not be gone.

Re: peteh

As far as I aware, YES, Mint/Ubuntu are structured pretty much the same. I believe they both use root passwords as well(?) Anyways, I think you either misread or just missed my original thread----18.3x 'live"

Linux User
    Dude, sorry that I have to ask, but I really could use a rep bump in the forum. Did the login information I posted work?

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixter69 View Post
    RE: nihili

Uhm... no I don't know that. I have 4 Gb's persistence on the drive....so "no" it should not be gone.
    are you sure the persistence applies to system files as well, or only to changes made in your $HOME?

either way, the slowness you describe seems consistent with excessive writes to a usb (2.0) stick...

how did you install & create said persistence?

Yes I did.

Don't know how/why this worked...but it did and I discovered it by accident. Seems the only time it required me to "log-in" was after it went into 'hibernation" mode. What I did was type in mint and just hit the "back" icon.