Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How to mount RAID1 drivers?

I'm wanting to build a file/Plex server with Linux Mint 64bit (latest version).

I have 3 drives:
    - 1 x 250GB SSD (OS)
    - 2 x 4TB Sata Seagate

I have created a RAID1 array in the BIOS with the 2 4TB drives. Next I would like to mount the RAID1 array to a fold (/RAID_Drives). I open a terminal and run "ls -l /dev". I see sda, sdb, sdc. Where is the RAID array I created in the BIOS?

Why am I seeing all the individual drives? In Windows if you RAID 2 drives you end up seeing 1 drive total in "My Computer".

First, where is the RAID1 array and second how do I mount it?

It was because of "fakeRAID".

Okay, I understand "fakeRAID" now. Basically motherboard RAID doesn't work unless you went out and bought a RAID controller for your motherboard. I will no longer use the motherboard for my RAID configuration.

I did get RAID configured correctly using the software (mdadm).

Next I need to have the RAID array keep it's configuration after a reboot. My first attempt it crashed and I think it's because the RAID configuration hadn't finished yet. I know there's a file I need to edit as well.

I can't really test out anything yet because I just started the RAID configuration on 2x4TB drives. It's going to be awhile.......and I mean awhile.....