Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How to prepare for RHCE exam

i am preparing for the rhce exam, can any one tell me what kind of questions/troubleshooting do they gen. ask

Linux Guru
    I'm almost certain I saw a lengthy thread about this here just last month or so, but it could've been elsewhere. Look around at lfo for it, I will too.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1701
    I'm almost certain I saw a lengthy thread about this here just last month or so, but it could've been elsewhere. Look around at lfo for it, I will too.

Jeremy
    If you find it can you post it in the Coffee Lounge for us all to see?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    They have books dedicated to this subject. Also, we all had to sign a litthe thing that said we wouldn't tell anyone the exact questions they asked. They were all pretty close to the book though.

Best,

Samuel
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

thanks for ur advice, please suggest me a good book to clear the RHCE exam although i have red hat manuals but it seems that they are not enough

Studying for RHCE

A previous poster is correct in that one must sign a non-disclosure agreement when taking the test. The penalty for violating this agreement is cancellation of your certification and being barred from ever taking another certification exam.

As for books, they are all out-of-date. The books currently available are for RHEL 5.x, and all exams are now for RHEL 6.x. The RHCT is now going to be called a RHCSA. The objectives for both RHCSA and RHCE have changed.

While based on an early version of RHEL 5.x, Michael Jang's RHCE Linux Study Guide is the best book that I found. Asghar Ghori's book contains too many errors regarding how Linux works.

Until another edition is printed, I would go with Jang's book, and make appropriate adjustments based on the exam objectives and changes from RHEL 5.x to RHEL 6.x.