Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ive been reading up on switching to linux and i came across a section about linux not supporting ATI vid cards in comparison to NVIDIA. Is this true? Any feedback ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Linux video card

Ive been reading up on switching to linux and i came across a section about linux not supporting ATI vid cards in comparison to NVIDIA. Is this true? Any feedback will be great.

Jeff

Linux does support ATI cards, just not as easily as NVIDIA does. There are hundreds if not thousands of user here on these forums that are using ATI cards with Linux.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Thanks Mike

Im currently using Radeon X1950 Pro on two dual flat panels. Every time I try a CD live distro the display is set to mirror and i cant find under the display setting on how to fix it to extend. Is this easily fixed on linux?

Jeff

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Usually all you need to do is edit the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and enter the correct monitor settings, which you can find in the Manual that came with the monitor or on their website.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.