Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there. I am interested in using a Live CD Installation (Damn Small Linux) and my USB key to create a tool that can be used for repairing Windows without ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Windows Repair Disk

Hey there. I am interested in using a Live CD Installation (Damn Small Linux) and my USB key to create a tool that can be used for repairing Windows without having to boot the OS itself. The main goals, obviously, are Virus and Spyware and Addware etc removal programs that can work on Windows type files but run from the DSL distribution. Does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best tools to use? I am using F-Prot for the virus scanner, but haven't looked into anything else much. Can anyone think of any other useful tools to include? Thanks, Tom

Linux Guru
    Well, there is a problem with this. If you aim to repair NTFS partitions, that will be hard with Linux, since Linux can't write to NTFS partitions.

Just Joined!

NTFS Partitions

Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Well, there is a problem with this. If you aim to repair NTFS partitions, that will be hard with Linux, since Linux can't write to NTFS partitions.
    Can't you use Captive to write to NTFS...??

I use the following method...and it works fairly well..

http://www.geektimelinux.com/index.php?q=node/view/166

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Hsve you looked at system-rescue-cd and gparted live cd. They may have the tools you need and include utilities to write to ntfs.

oz
    forum.guy
    really old thread, guys

locking...
    oz