Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm looking for a linux distribution for people with disabilities, any ideas ? Or maybe you know some programs for these people ? I need at least a On ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb Accessibility

Hello,
    I'm looking for a linux distribution for people with disabilities, any ideas ?
    Or maybe you know some programs for these people ? I need at least a On screen keyboard, everything else like a screen reader, or a program that writes for you, so you do not have to type the letters, would be nice but is not required. Hope you can help me !

The Gnome desktop includes some pretty good accessibility pieces. Orca screen reader and gok, the Gnome Onscreen Keyboard might be a start. KDE has some great stuff too but I'm not as familiar with them. You should find everything in any distro containing either environment.

Just Joined!
    That's wonderful!

Just Joined!
    Some links, for others who might be interested too

The GNOME Development Site
    KDE Accessibility - KDE Accessibility Project

Thanks for those links, I am actually a little interested in this subject as both of my parents require larger (read:huge) fonts at the moment and I'd like to look into some of this stuff for the future. There was one other app I remember I used to toy with but more because it was fun. Kmouth - it was a graphical frontend to festival and allowed for artificial voice and preset phrases. I'm not sure if that's the direction you were going in at all but it was a great app either way.