Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm trying to grow a partition that contains an XFS file system in it. I've tried almost a dozen things but what it seems to boil down to is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Grow partition with XFS file system

Hello,
    I'm trying to grow a partition that contains an XFS file system in it. I've tried almost a dozen things but what it seems to boil down to is that any program that would actually grow the partition tries to grow the FS as well, but doesn't have xfs support built in. parted, gparted, fdisk, cfdisk, norton partition magic, acronis, etc, all can't do it for me. I don't know how to compile a kernel to have xfs support built in and I have to use slax usb linux to access the drive indirectly.
    Can anyone suggest something I can do to make this work?
    TIA

Just Joined!
    I even tried LVM but it's already set up as a simple partition.
    It's in an arcade machine that I own so I can't change it too much without messing up their programming :/

This is from PartedMagic Manual:
    Growing a JFS or XFS partition:
    Gparted has limited support for JFS and XFS filesystems. Parted Magic does not have these particular filesystems built into the kernel, but instead offers support via kernel modules. In order to use the 'Grow' option against these filesystems when using GParted, manually loading the module from Parted Magic's CLI is necessary. Enter the following Terminal-based command to manually load a module:
    Code:
    modprobe xfs
    modeprobe jfs
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close