Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello. i've used redhat 3.0 and some older types of linux, and a handful of live-cd types like knoppix and such, and i love them. what i need is a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

new to linux

hello. i've used redhat 3.0 and some older types of linux, and a handful of live-cd types like knoppix and such, and i love them. what i need is a live cd type of os that i can install if i like, that can flawlessly run windows-like programs and games. like, i want to be able to stablely run world of warcraft, area 51: blacksite and other memory intensive and huge games. right now im using xp home, only because i havent found a linux that i like yet. i have some rudimentary knowledge of linux, as i said, but i dont know how to make all windows files work. has wine gotten better? thanks,
    grimtofu

edit: oh, and i need an os that can use my wireless card; its a d-link dwa-130 n card. knoppix and backtrack2 and a few other live-cd os' couldnt make it work. if necessary, i could just run it through my other computer, but i would much rather not. id prefer to only run one computer. thanks again

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

If you are looking for LiveCDs, here's a good place to find some info on them:

The LiveCD List
    oz

Just Joined!
    very nice list. =) still, i've read through 15 or 20 now, and none have told me if they do complete windows file emulation. anyone have any suggestions?