Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello i have encountered a problem while trying to setup my emu10k1 drivers for my audigy. I have done it in the past with no prob but now i can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Setting up audigy on linux 7.3...

Hello i have encountered a problem while trying to setup my emu10k1 drivers for my audigy. I have done it in the past with no prob but now i can get it done. Following the proccedure described by the readme file i have made the object code and when i execute make install it gives me this:
    [root@localhost emu10k1-v0.20a]# make install
    ** The driver was succefully compiled, now install it with:
    ** make install
    mkdir -p //lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1
    install -c -m 664 emu10k1.o //lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1
    install -c -m 664 ac97_codec.o //lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom/kernel/drivers/sound
    /sbin/depmod -a 2.4.18-3custom
    depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom/kernel/drivers/net/dummy.o
    depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom/kernel/drivers/sound/ac97_codec.o
    depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o
    depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom/kernel/fs/msdos/msdos.o
    depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3custom/kernel/fs/vfat/vfat.o
    make: *** [install] Error 1

I dont know what to do. If anyone has any ideas please help me. Thnx in advance

Linux Guru
    Check with "modprobe emu10k1" which symbol references cannot be resolved. Then, take one of them (choose however you want), remove the version string at the end of the symbol name. The version string is _R immediately followed be eight hexadecimal numbers. For example, if you see ioport_resource_R865ebccd, take just ioport_resource. Do not choose one that doesn't have a version string. Then run "ksyms -a | grep <name>", where <name> should be replaced by the name you got by removing the version string. The response indicates whether the symbol already exists, but under another version.