Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 6 of 6
I have a logitech MX700 (which is a very nice mouse BTW, go pick it up) and it has worked fine until last night. I updated from RH 8 to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    KY -- USA
    Posts
    21

    Mouse problems.


    I have a logitech MX700 (which is a very nice mouse BTW, go pick it up) and it has worked fine until last night.

    I updated from RH 8 to RH 9 and the mouse still worked fine. I shutdown linux and started windows for the wife. When I got home, and rebooted to Linux, the mouse wouldn't work. I know that it couldn't have been the wife messing with stuff as i have all my accounts pass protected.

    Now I can't figure out how to get it back, any ideas?

  2. #2
    Linux Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Täby, Sweden
    Posts
    7,578
    Is it connected by USB or PS/2?

  3. #3
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    KY -- USA
    Posts
    21
    Sorry, just kinda left that out... lol.

    USB.

    I can't imagine what changed though. Really has me puzzled.

  4. #4
    Linux Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Täby, Sweden
    Posts
    7,578
    No, I can't figure that out either, so we'd better just start troubleshooting from scratch. Can you post your /proc/bus/usb/devices and the InputDevice sections of your XF86Config (code tags, please)?

  5. #5
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    KY -- USA
    Posts
    21
    Hey, Dolda, I got it fixed by reconfiguring it from the command line.

    (Using RH 9 -- #redhat-mouse-config & -- it pops the mouse gui setup up)

    What I can't understand is how it got changed in the first place... weird.

    Thanks for the help though.

  6. #6
    Linux Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Täby, Sweden
    Posts
    7,578
    There you see... This is the second time something has just been easily fixed using RedHat's setup programs here. Maybe I should start relying on them for future solution suggestions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •