Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am downloading linux red hat via iso hunt and turrent, but the download may take days I have down loading for 24 hrs and only have 54% completed I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

where can I download

I am downloading linux red hat via iso hunt and turrent, but the download may take days I have down loading for 24 hrs and only have 54% completed I would like to know if anyone knows of a fater way to get shor of buying it? I have given up on windows completly, my windows 2000 just &^(#@ the bed on me I can not ever load the back up cd it will not make any partitions and then it will skip over that and dowload the os then it will not even start because it's missing a file it tell me to start in safe mode, cant do that either!!! I hope that lunix will load without a problem then I can be done with windows forever!!!! can anyone help me??

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    What version of Red Hat are you downloading? Red Hat Linux 9 and below are now obsolete, so downloading them would probably be a waste of time and effort. If you like Red Hat, then I would recommend you download Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (or CentOS 5 which is a free RHEL rebuild). You have to pay a subscription fee to get any updates or support for RHEL. You can also download Fedora 8 which is a community distribution sponsored by Red Hat.

Just Joined!
    I am new to linux and it's linux red hat 9 so I will stop the down load
    when I follow the link fedora 8 and i click on the link get fedora whick direct install should I do?

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Which media you choose depends on your preferences. The DVD will have more packages than the live cd (the live discs can be installed to hard disk just like the dvd discs). The live cd thats simply labeled "Fedora" consists of the GNOME Desktop Environment and the KDE cd contains the K Desktop Environment. The DVD has both of these environments.