Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me what version of Linux this is, cause someone said it is for sure linux, but they don't know which one, I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Could You MAYBE Tell Me What Version This Is

Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me what version of Linux this is, cause someone said it is for sure linux, but they don't know which one, I have only had experience with Ubuntu and YellowDog so I am not familiar with picking them out.
    The version and programs he is running to make it look like it does is what I wanna know someone said Ion3 but I was gonna ask here and make sure.
    heres the picture
    Flickr Photo Download: 1
    Its from the movie Live Free Or Die Hard. Thx

You cannot tell which distro it is by a photo. The icons remind me of a linux DE.
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

oz
    forum.guy
    The photo is too blurry to make much of it. I'm unable to read any of the text to look for any possible hints, and the icons are fairly blurred as well.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Oo ok thanx guys. Do any of you have any suggestions of what to use to get more familiar with telnet and command prompt in general. I know all linuxs use them, well everything does but, the best one to learn on, kinda like something he was using like all command line but you still have a desktop and stuff like that.

Just Joined!
    Well ähm, with telnet, just read the manpage (when you already have a Linux it's: man telnet) or check in the internet (scroogle, ixquick, or what else searchmachine you use).
    With the command prompt: Well, "Probieren geht über studieren" (That's german and means:Trying is better than studying). So you kust have to start using it. Testing it. There are of course Howtos, is suppose in big number. But the main thing is, that you get comfortable with it. That you get used to do things there.

Ogion

oz
    forum.guy
    and command prompt in general
    Check out LinuxCommand.org for command line operations under Linux:

LinuxCommand.org: Learn the Linux command line. Write shell scripts.

The command line works well in all distros, so which distro doesn't really matter.
    oz