Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
i was able to track down a monitor to use until i can get a replacement. its a beat to hell 15" CTX. when i start it up it works ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

i was able to track down a monitor to use until i can get a replacement. its a beat to hell 15" CTX. when i start it up it works fine until it gets to the log on screen then it displays several blurred images. how can i get into a text screen to change the settings for this thing.

Linux Engineer
    ctrl + alt + f1 should take you to a text console. You could also tell the kernek to boot into init 3 from your boot loader.

Linux Guru
    Sounds like a resolution problem to me. Try changing your resolution by pressing CTRL+ALT+(NumPad +).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    i got my new monitor ordered today, a 15" planar lcd. so by the end of next week ill hopefully be back in the game and off windoze. it reminded me again taoday how much i hate m it. of all things winamp is refusing to work. and get this, the error im getting is titled "Oops". i damn near fell out of my chair laughing.

Linux Guru
    I'm not sure if you want to know this in that case, but actually Linux kernel fatal errors are known as "kernel oopses", the kernel itself says oops, and the programs used to handle them are oops-related (like ksymoops).

Just Joined!
    well im up and running again. ive got some tweaking to do, some things are really hard to read. ill get it figured out. its just nice to be back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2