Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know or has tried a list of different distros then those that are known to work on PS3. I know that a few distros work on PS3, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

PS3 and linux

Does anyone know or has tried a list of different distros then those that are known to work on PS3. I know that a few distros work on PS3, but I wanna know if Mandriva or Suse work or any others work on PS3. Has anyone tried any different distros?

I have not tried installing anything on a PS3, but I have helped a few Forum members configure their PS3 with Yellow Dog Linux and Fedora Linux.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Enthusiast
    Well thanks for replying. Do you have a PS3? Anyways I'll wait and see if anybody else can answer this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude500 View Post
    Well thanks for replying. Do you have a PS3? Anyways I'll wait and see if anybody else can answer this question.
    Our son has a PS3, but I don't really mess with it other than to play a game or two.
    Feel Free to bump this thread if you don't get a reply soon.
    BTW, Yellow Dog Linux is based on Fedora, so Fedora will probably work too. Why don't you just pick one that you might like, download it and try it. I think just about any distro will work, but the amount of tinkering and tweaking to get it working might vary greatly between the different distro's.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Enthusiast
    Well I don't have a PS3. I was asking because I plan on getting one. Once I get one I'll probably try different distros and see what works. I saw that someone was able to get windows xp to run on it through linux, but it was really slow, the video was on youtube