Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi There, I have this MS Access application stored in centOS and shared it using SAMBA for Windows users to access in a network. I can launch the application from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    luv
    Just Joined!

concurrent access ms access file error

Hi There,

I have this MS Access application stored in centOS and shared it using SAMBA for Windows users to access in a network. I can launch the application from a Windows machine but the problem is I got this error "could not use 'ms access database'; file already in use" when another user tries to launch the program. I tried moving the MS Access application on a Windows machine and shared it and it works without any problem. Five users can connect simultaneously without problems. Can anybody share some thoughts on this? I want the application to run on Linux to de-load our file & print server (Windows 2000 server). All other databases are in MySQL on Linux. The user account that is accessing through SAMBA share has full permissions on the file.

There are so many articles on the internet related to this but it's on those machines running Windows OS only.

I didnt use WINE because I'm launching the program in Linux desktop but from a Windows machine in LAN.

Thank you.

luv
    Just Joined!
    I found a possible solution to this problem. I'm not done with testing but I hope this helps. Pls read the ff. links:
    - [Chapter 5] 5.5 Locks and Oplocks
    - [Samba] Samba File Locking Problem
    - Chapter*17.*File and Record Locking