Results 1 to 2 of 2
I would like to customise my gnome environment but i dunno how 2 do the following : 1. How do I add a systray applet to gnome-panel ? It doesn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 08-04-2004 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2004
Gnome Customisation Problems
1. How do I add a systray applet to gnome-panel ? It doesn't show any such option in the context menu.
2. How do I set global keyboard shortcuts (apart from those options in gnome-keyboard-config) ? e.g. shortcut for gnome-terminal. (Maybe I could directly edit the keyboard configuration flile or something like that)
On the same lines, I want Ctrl-Alt-**** (say) to shutdown the comp just as Ctrl-Alt-Del reboots.
3. How do I edit the gnome menu ? There seems to be no tool like kmenuedit for gnome.
4. How do I disable the window animation (when minimising windows). It slows down my old comp apart from being very irritating.
5. Where does KDE keep those icons ... i would like to use some of them in gnome...
Any help would b appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Fedora Core 2
P3 500 system
- 08-04-2004 #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2003
- Cardiff, Wales
1. right click on a bit of space on the panel and choose add to panel > the trick here is clicking on blank panel not on another applet.
2. in fc2 there is a shortcut key configuration tool inside preferences ( i think could be system tools)
3. dunno - try the gconf editor
5. in fc2 its /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg
but both the /usr/share/icons and /usr/share/pixmaps folders contain various image files and links to other image files.
if you have the time and inclination, there is a very good Gnome Desktop Administrator guide on the gnome website that covers loads of good stuff regarding configuration.
good luckNo trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.