Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/IRIA/k...-noroot.v8.htm Basically, if you make a typo, or if a program doesn't work the way you want it, you can f*ck up the whole system. As a normal user, you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/IRIA/k...-noroot.v8.htm
    Basically, if you make a typo, or if a program doesn't work the way you want it, you can f*ck up the whole system.
    As a normal user, you just f*ck up your own account. Create a new account, and you're ready to go again.

Linux Engineer
    i know that,i think that it's not so dangerous to install a program as root..i'm not compiling the kernel or something like that to affect all the system..
    Linux For Ever!

but thats the problem, you have access to the whole system. if your finger slips, ur screwd, say you want to delete a directury from a botched make , so you type rm *, but your finger slips and you type rm /* . thats your entire everything..any mounts, EVERYTHING gone.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Engineer
    in such way i agree...running as root i am more careful ..
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by stathisx View Post
    how to convert an mp3 from bitrate 192 kbps to 160?which program do i have to use?any help appreciated...
    iDealshare Video, the professional MP3 Bitrate Changer and Converter, is also an all-in-one Audio Video Bitrate Converter which can fast and batch change bitrate of any audio or video format on Windows or Mac version.

Key features:
    Acting as an Audio Bitrate Converter, it can change bitrate of MP3, WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless, M4A, WMA, OGG, AIFF, AC3, AAC, DTS and etc.
    Acting as a Video Bitrate Converter, it can change video bitrate of MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, MPG, VOB, 3GP, RMVB and etc.
    Change bitrate among all standards like 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256 and 320 kbit/s.
    Reduce bitrate to decrease the file size like convert mp3 to lower bitrate (from 196kbps to 128kbps) to reduce the MP3 file size.
    Increase the bitrate to increase the video or audio quality.
    Change bitrate as well as keep the same output format.
    Change bitrate as well as convert to other video or audio format.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2