Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey All, I have to write a driver that can read EXT2 drives from windows. I am totally lost and have no idea where to begin. Can anyone here guide ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

EXT2 from WINDOWS

Hey All,

I have to write a driver that can read EXT2 drives from windows. I am totally lost and have no idea where to begin. Can anyone here guide me from where to begin?

Thankyou
    Lefty Rust

Just Joined!
    Also please tell me:
    Does the C function readsector() read sectors from only FAT drives or can it be used to read sectors from any other file system? Eg i-node?

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Hey All,

I have to write a driver that can read EXT2 drives from windows. I am totally lost and have no idea where to begin. Can anyone here guide me from where to begin?

Thankyou
    Lefty Rust
    This sort of thing looks to be freely available ... just a google away. Is there any particular reason for you wanting to write this yourself?

Its already available. Check Ext2 IFS For Windows. Its pretty stable and using it for last one year or so. I haven't faced any problem with it yet.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thankyou casper and Jonathan for your replies.

Yes I have to write the driver myself! It has been given as an assignment in the course Operating Systems at the undergraduate level.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Thankyou casper and Jonathan for your replies.

Yes I have to write the driver myself! It has been given as an assignment in the course Operating Systems at the undergraduate level.
    This has got to be close to rule no. 4. You should be able to find lots of info on the net for this ... just google