Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone. New member here. I have an old laptop that I would like to put linux on. I have puppy 4 on it now and everything works fine except ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking for a linux distro

Hello everyone. New member here. I have an old laptop that I would like to put linux on. I have puppy 4 on it now and everything works fine except for the touchpad. I have not been able to resolve the problem. I have also tried DSL. The problem there is that I have not been able to establish an internet connect through either my wired connection or my wireless. The machine in question is a Hitachi Pentium II. 256mhz, 156mb of ram. 4gig hardrive. thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Check this poll for favorite distro for older/weaker computer hardware:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/cof...re-2008-a.html

I don't do any wireless internet at all so can't help with any specifics on that. Hope you can find something that suits your needs.
    oz

I have also tried DSL. The problem there is that I have not been able to establish an internet connect through either my wired connection or my wireless.
    Can you post your net card info (name, etc.)? When DSL boots, it automatically loads any netcard or wireless card that was recognized. You should also try to see if the DHCP daemon is activated in the DSL Panel.