Find the answer to your Linux question:
Maybe someone here will know this answer.. We use Exchange server 5.5 and outlook clients at my office. Eventually I want to replace the Exchange server with a Linux replacement. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Application needed

Maybe someone here will know this answer..

We use Exchange server 5.5 and outlook clients at my office. Eventually I want to replace the Exchange server with a Linux replacement. I will not be able to replace our Windows XP/ 2000 desktops anytime soon BUT I want to replace outlook if possible.

I cannot find a windows replacement to outlook. The linux version of Evolution and the new Kontact is Awesome. I just Need something like those 2 and outlook that runs on windows and can replace outlook.
    Of course we have shared calendars that some of our users need so it will need to be groupware . Let me know if you know of anything.

I am able to replace ms office except for outlook and would LOVE to be able to replace outlook.

OpenOffice.org is working on the Glow project and I am looking forward to that but let me know of anything else.

Just Joined!
    As far as I'm aware there is no email application that is for BOTH systems. Unfortunately.

The best bet would be to look for an application that is similar to make the transgression as smooth as possible.

Just Joined!

windows outlook replacement

Thanks for the reply. Not really worried about what will run on both systems. Just looking for a outlook Replacement for windows.

Just gave the 2 linux versions as examples of what I am looking for, except looking for something to run on windows.

Just Joined!
    Try Mozilla Thunderbird. It runs on both Windows, and Linux, and has the same functionality of Evolution and Outlook. http://www.mozilla.org

Mozilla-Thunderbird is the way to go. It works beautifully compared to outlook express. And is multi-platformed so it's my e-mail client of choice.

Depending on the resources avilable, there is a exchange server clone that will run on linux and interface with outlook, if the workstations are going to stay MS, I cannot recommend Evolution Data Server (whitch is a great business solution) But the Exchange Server Clone is not opensource, it is proprietary, and you will have to pay. I have been looking for a windows client that will read data from an evolution data server, but have not been able to find one, perhaps somone here will know of something.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    I would like to piggyback on LuvdemHeels' original question and I am aware that this is probably not a typical LinuxForum question, but I am kind of expecting to get some good answers and/or inputs from here.
    Is anybody aware of software similar to Ximian's Evolution on/for Windows?
    What Outloook alternatives on Windows are out there given that you still have to use an [original] Exchange server, and you still need to run Windows clients?
    Thanks in advance and Best Regards