Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I need to delay execute a script (named "cleaner") that runs under root privileges. I need to execute it from my apache web server after some time (now+10 minutes). ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

"at" user account

Hi, I need to delay execute a script (named "cleaner") that runs under root privileges. I need to execute it from my apache web server after some time (now+10 minutes). Is it possible to do this?

I tried to create another script (named "starter") that does some things and then runs "at -f /path_to_cleaner/cleaner now+10 minutes" and call it from PHP using sudo. That "starter" script runs fine, it creates the job, so I can see in list ("atq"), it is listed as root job but after it runs it mails me something about that the account is not enabled.

I think that it tries to run it under apache account that is really not enabled to log in... Do you anyone know how to do this correctly?

scm
    Linux Engineer
    What have you got in /etc/at.allow and /etc/at.deny? Have you read the man page for at?

Just Joined!
    Of course that I have read the at man page, but I didn't find anything useful there. The at.allow does not exists and at.deny is empty - that should mean that anyone is allowed to run at.

I don't think that this is at.allow related problem, because the job is queued successfully, there is only problem with execution of the job.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close