Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by MetalheadGautham OK, I have decided to use EXT3 for this perpose. GParted can do NOTHING AT ALL. I need a tool to configure mount points of each ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheadGautham View Post
    OK, I have decided to use EXT3 for this perpose.

GParted can do NOTHING AT ALL.

I need a tool to configure mount points of each partition, edit permissions concerning each partition, describe how its mounted, apply mount time flags to it, etc. All GParted does is resizing, formating and converting. It can't do ANY administrative work.
    Then I missunderstood you. All you need is a text editor. Everything is in /etc/fstab. There might be graphical frontends, but I can't see the point in using one just for such a simple task. All the relevant options can be checked in the mount man page.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    Then I missunderstood you. All you need is a text editor. Everything is in /etc/fstab. There might be graphical frontends, but I can't see the point in using one just for such a simple task. All the relevant options can be checked in the mount man page.
    I don't want to risc fstab editing manually. Anything could go wrong.

Besides, the GUI I had once used was really awssome. It was very self explanatory in every check box.

All I need is an fstab editor.

I had come across this particular python based program which was supposed to be in the ubuntu repositories when I googled for a problem by which Ubuntu Hardy did not automatically mount all my partitions on startup. It was on the first page of google search results. Now when I try every single combination of search terms for my problem, and also type every single word I remember in that website where I found my answer, I just don't seem to find it. It has mysteriously disappeared from google search results, and no forum in google results seems to mention it.
    A man learns from his experience. A smart man learns from the experience of others, while a smarter man experiences life after knowing other's experiences.

BE THE SMARTER MAN.

Linux Newbie
    w00t! Its PySDM. A guy found it for me, and I didn't find any .deb package for debian so I compiled it myself. I created a .deb package too. Anyone who wants it can have it from me.
    A man learns from his experience. A smart man learns from the experience of others, while a smarter man experiences life after knowing other's experiences.

BE THE SMARTER MAN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2