Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: SCAD

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

SCAD

I was in Savannah, GA today working on an ATM in a SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) building. While waiting for the NCR guy to come unlock the ATM, I sat...looking into one of the computer labs. The HP towers looked all nice and spiffy...not your normal Wal-Mart HP desktops.

I noticed something strangely familiar on one of the screens...it looked like konsole. I peered across the room and identified the KDE pager at the bottom of the screen. Then, at the monitor next to this one, I noticed a graphical login screen with a Red Hat logo next to it. A student proceded to sit and begin work on modeling a goblin or somesuch monster in what was probably blender. I was overjoyed!

It was good to see that one of the best art schools in the states (maybe even the world) has a Linux lab.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

SCAD rocks, my little sister is going to get into their after she finishes her magnet high school program... Nice to see that at least banks use a more secure OS. Security matters in that business.
    O yea my older sisters ex-boyfriend just graduated from SCAD