Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't like to mysite break any Legal/Copyright Rules/Laws , So.. a. Is it LEGAL ? b. Is it break the Copyright Law ? c. Is it a country-Specific Law ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation Legal Issue with Copyright Law

I don't like to mysite break any Legal/Copyright Rules/Laws, So..

a. Is it LEGAL?
    b. Is it break the Copyright Law?
    c. Is it a country-Specific Law?

1. Writing a headline about one topic/Content, that is published to another site.
    2. Whithout any Copied/Pasted material, Just mention it.
    3. Just make a LINK to that content on that site.
    4. Link is hidden behind a text that say "Refer to original site" or somthing similar.
    5. And I publish these "Headline/Topic/Link" on my own site pages?

I was read some note on "CIW - Site Development Foundation" Book that was said:
    "You cannot provide a link from your Web Site to another site without permission
    because such a link generally implies that two sites have a business relationship."

So these qusetion arise:
    1. What a bout Search Engine / Portal Sites Like Yahoo.com, Google.com , altavista.com
    and so on ? The search reslut from these sites always contain some Headline/Link From
    Another sites?
    2. In many aricles that published in other site, you can always see some link that hidden
    in a Hypertext phrase, word, context or somethings else. such as link to the site that
    produce X or Y Software or hardware and so on. or to anpother related article
    in others sites.

What about these link? Is all of these Links are supported by a Papaer Permission Contract?!

Please answer my questions If you're REALLY familiar with this Law topics
    And It's better --If it's possible-- to Refer Me to some link about these.

Thanks

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by vigol View Post
    "You cannot provide a link from your Web Site to another site without permission
    because such a link generally implies that two sites have a business relationship."
    I have never heard of this before and it flies in the face of all current thought on the subject. I am not in the USA but certainly one of the most dominant forces in this are is the right to fair use. This means you can quote or refer to material with the purpose of demonstrating a point or discussing the subject at hand. For example, you couldn't expect to get a fair review of a product if the only people authorised to give them were the people giving good reviews

Also bear in mind that sites like Google and Yahoo build their search results based on links and the frequency/context that they are seen. That's why forums get spammed all of the time. The more you are linked to in a particular context the higher you appear on the search results. Check out Google Bombs