Find the answer to your Linux question:
It has dawned on me that I should add some of the " sounds of Zoo York City " to my website. My problem, of course, is I haven't the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can Incompetent me add sounds to my website with dial-up?

It has dawned on me that I should add some of the " sounds of Zoo York City " to my website. My problem, of course, is I haven't the slightest idea on how to do it. I have a portable sony tape recorder and a microphone ( that I've never used ) for my computer.

I figure if I can watch and listen to Mark Fiore's cartoons with dial-up I should be able to put sound on my present website or construct another website capable of sound effects.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

The standards-compliant method of doing multimedia is with the <object> tag:
    HTML OBJECT TAG

In your case, you will need the "data" attribute, but I'm not sure what else. Try just experimenting and seeing what other examples you can find. Many people may use the <embed> tag, but this is not standards-compliant.

Also, as a general hint, if you're concerned about a dial-up connection, I suggest a short generic clip that can loop as opposed to a longer one. A short clip means a smaller file to download, which means less loading time.

I do not know or understand a thing about using code on my computer. I was hoping that there would be Linux software available that would do the job.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close