Find the answer to your Linux question:
Everytime I goto www.usaa.com on my laptop with Firefox firefox crashes. I've updated from 2.0.0.12(slackware default) to firefox 3 (self compiled) and deleted ~/.mozilla and the issue still occurs. On ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

website crashes

Everytime I goto www.usaa.com on my laptop with Firefox firefox crashes. I've updated from 2.0.0.12(slackware default) to firefox 3 (self compiled) and deleted ~/.mozilla and the issue still occurs. On all other machines I've accessed the site it works, in windows on the same machine and at work. My other slackware install on my gaming rig works. I can even access the website if I use Konqueror on my laptop. So, it seems to be something that's specific to firefox or gtk but something that's not contained within the firefox installation.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that I may not have enabled some form of cryptology in the kernel?

It crashes like this, I open firefox ... I type "www.usaa.com" in the url bar ... I'll see connect to, waiting for, transferring from usaa.com in the lower left hand corner ... just as it starts to render firefox crashes.

Laptop:
    acer extensa 4620
    slackware 12.1/custom kernel 2.6.25.4
    1.46GHz Intel Dual Core Pentium E2130(?)
    965GM chipset/2gb ram

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hedron View Post
    Everytime I goto www.usaa.com on my laptop with Firefox firefox crashes. I've updated from 2.0.0.12(slackware default) to firefox 3 (self compiled) and deleted ~/.mozilla and the issue still occurs. On all other machines I've accessed the site it works, in windows on the same machine and at work. My other slackware install on my gaming rig works. I can even access the website if I use Konqueror on my laptop. So, it seems to be something that's specific to firefox or gtk but something that's not contained within the firefox installation.
    Firefox plugins, flash, nspluginwrapper and some other funky stuff like that can cause crashes.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that I may not have enabled some form of cryptology in the kernel?
    No.

It crashes like this, I open firefox ... I type "www.usaa.com" in the url bar ... I'll see connect to, waiting for, transferring from usaa.com in the lower left hand corner ... just as it starts to render firefox crashes.
    Try launching it into a terminal window, and see if it spits out something relevant.

As last resort, start with a clean configuration. Close firefox, move your ~/.mozilla/ folder elsewhere, and start it again. See if it works with a clean configuration. If that works, you can import your bookmarks from your old folder and all that stuff.

Linux Newbie
    Enable Firefox Error Console and see if you can find anything weird there.
    Code:
    Open Firefox -> Tools -> Error Console
    Or
    Code:
    Ctrl + Shift + J
    - nilesh
    bigunix.blogspot.com
    Registered Linux User: #476440