Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys, I've just started looking in Linux over the past months but still getting lost very easily, I just hope someone can help. I've currently trying to put together ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB Boot Memory Stick

Hi Guys,

I've just started looking in Linux over the past months but still getting lost very easily, I just hope someone can help.

I've currently trying to put together a multi boot memory stick with old applications that are currently on floppy that can now run on memory stick.

So far I have a bootable version of Ghost, Boot & Nuke and CIA Commander.

Ghost and B&N are currently on their own stick and was have trouble last week getting a bootable version of CIA commander working as its not as simple as coping the file from the floppy disk to the stick.

I stumbled across this arcticle (Attacthed) last week that I followed and I was able to get it working with a Linux type Grub. This grub loads into a nice blue screen and from the list I can select CIA and boom it loads.

Its then got me thinking, using the same method as CIA could I have Ghost and B&N on the same stick and in the same menu.

I have been able to get the names in the menu (which was easy) but I when i hit enter after a few minutes of text going over the screen i get a message.

At first the B&N was trying to load the wrong kernel, so I added the Kernel to the disk and edited the menu.lst file.

Now for both application i get the same message below

VFS: Unable to mount root fs: 8:01

I've had a look over the net and the only thing I can find is references to Linux Distribution and nothing to do with this.

I think I'm way out of my league but if someone could put me in the right direction it would me much appreciated.

Thanks

James
    Attached Files Attached Files