Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ive noticed something weird, and google hasn't had much to say about it so Im goign to guess it was something weird that happened when converting my old 7.3 profile ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

mozilla 1.0.1 and redhat 8.0 - no attatchments

Ive noticed something weird, and google hasn't had much to say about it so Im goign to guess it was something weird that happened when converting my old 7.3 profile to 8.0

I am unable to send attatchments in mozilla mail, when i click the attatchment button nothing happens and even going file, attatch file does nothing - no popup window, nothing.

In addition to that, when someone sends me an email I am unable to so save it, for example a picture sent in an email usuaslly right click, save as - but again, no window - nothing.

Any ideas? I could just delete all my X config files ard redo them, as I dont have this problem on any of the 8.0 machines at work, so I know I did something somewhere - Im just taking the long, hard, hopefully enlightening way
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Just Joined!
    I have noticed someithing similar. Not so much with saving attachments, but in Hotmail, to actually send an attachment. The attachment button is not visible, therefore cannot attach any files. I also noticed this same problem under Konqueror under 7.3.

Tithefug

Linux User
    Joe,

Well that might just be a microsoft problem - we all know what frontpage code looks like.

I was able to fix mine today by uninstalling/reinstaling all the mozilla rpm's - it seems that this "problem" was actually the product of another provlem I have noticed.

Twice now my up2date has failed during the install phase and left two versions of rpm's installed (which was what seemed to be messing up my mozilla)

I had two versions of mozilla-nspr installed... Then today when i played with galeon, up2date again bombed and left the old version installed... Im gonna check into this as a bug because it also happened to me on the new dells i just setup at work - although, only 1 of the 16 did it.
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close