Find the answer to your Linux question:
howdy folks, I recently had the idea, which is not original, why dont i make a dvd with as many live distros that i can fit on a dvd? mainly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Multi-boot DVD with multiple Distros

howdy folks,

I recently had the idea, which is not original, why dont i make a dvd with as many live distros that i can fit on a dvd? mainly system recovery distros, because i hate popping one in and pulling it out if it doesnt work. i thought to myself, couldnt i just edit some sort of grub file or find a version of grub that runs off the cd and would let me pick a distro? well i was unable to find that, but i found a tutorial online about how to make multi-distro dvds:

http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/ente.../105070101.asp

so far im understanding the tutorial, but im having problems finding the files needed by some of the distros i want to put on there. i dont want to go distro specific yet, but wouldnt i be able to just use any ol' distro i want thats live? some of the distros i look at have the isolinux.boot, and others dont. some have the minirt.gz but others dont, or it has a file extension i dont recognize. the tutorial i have been reading says to look into the knoppix image to find the base files, but when i look in there, i have the isolinux.bin, and isolinux.cfg and the minrt.gz, but i have no vmlinuz. theres a file called linux, would this be the vmlinuz that knoppix uses?

i guess im asking if theres any similarities between files, and does anyone know of a tutorial to do this besides the one that i found? thanks guys and gals

oz
    forum.guy
    ...bad URL
    oz

Just Joined!
    HTML Code:
    http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/enterprise/2005/105070101.asp