Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
(Just for sake of completeness: http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/U13A0.pdf Yeah, that is why I have decided to not try and go the "create a keyboard route", but the "just use the built-in" ᏣᎳᎩ ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I have decided to not try and go the "create a keyboard route"

(Just for sake of completeness: http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/U13A0.pdf

Yeah, that is why I have decided to not try and go the "create a keyboard route", but the "just use the built-in" ᏣᎳᎩ keyboard combined with my local .XCompose file and simple environment variable settings to have gtk/qt3/etc use it instead of stupidly hard-coded ones. (Which is a direct violation of basic programming tenets btw! Do *NOT* hard-code things like this!)

The additional benefit I get is that my approach is "portable" in the sense that I don't need to make modifications to the OS, especially useful should I be using a workstation that I do not have root privileges on or have to worry about OS and package updates that will over-write all my work.

All I have to do is set an environment variable for myself, use the standard keyboard applet to add US ᏣᎳᎩ Variant and then use the keyboard switching capabilities appropriately.

OMG, I'm beginning to understand why most people say modifying xkb is difficult. Everything I've read states that all the deffinitions for the characters used in the symbols file is in the keysymdef.h file, however, I have made the "appropriate" changes to add the Cherokee unicode values to it, and they didn't work...I'm beginning to wonder why even bother including the keysymdef.h file and compose files on an install if they don't seem to be ever used (at least in the Zenwalk 5.2 distro).

With xkb it seems more and more that everything is hidden. Ok, we'll have this file here to do this, then we'll create a copy of that file which isn't written in that exact same way over there. Now we'll place a file here which will do this, but wait, it wont work unless you use this file over there. Yet, wait again, we'll also make a file which lies far off over there that will help with using this file way over here.

If I "ever" figure out how xkb works, I'm going to run through the streets in the same manner as a famous figure in history and yell at the top of my lungs EUREKA EUREKA...LOL

Lightbulb Did you re-compile all of your X stuff from source?

Did you re-compile all of your X stuff from source?

Any *.h files are only read at the time the software is created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mol_Bolom View Post
    OMG, I'm beginning to understand why most people say modifying xkb is difficult. Everything I've read states that all the deffinitions for the characters used in the symbols file is in the keysymdef.h file, however, I have made the "appropriate" changes to add the Cherokee unicode values to it, and they didn't work...I'm beginning to wonder why even bother including the keysymdef.h file and compose files on an install if they don't seem to be ever used (at least in the Zenwalk 5.2 distro).

With xkb it seems more and more that everything is hidden. Ok, we'll have this file here to do this, then we'll create a copy of that file which isn't written in that exact same way over there. Now we'll place a file here which will do this, but wait, it wont work unless you use this file over there. Yet, wait again, we'll also make a file which lies far off over there that will help with using this file way over here.

If I "ever" figure out how xkb works, I'm going to run through the streets in the same manner as a famous figure in history and yell at the top of my lungs EUREKA EUREKA...LOL

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by waya View Post
    (Just for sake of completeness: http://unicode.org/charts/PDF/U13A0.pdf
    That's the same one I use......This time I'm going to download it rather than searching online every single time I need it...ha ha...

Yeah, that is why I have decided to not try and go the "create a keyboard route", but the "just use the built-in" ᏣᎳᎩ keyboard combined with my local .XCompose file and simple environment variable settings to have gtk/qt3/etc use it instead of stupidly hard-coded ones. (Which is a direct violation of basic programming tenets btw! Do *NOT* hard-code things like this!)
    ...I must have a badly misguided idea of what "modifications" and "variables" mean then. One reason I've moved to trying to learn how to program low level instead of high level. I figure if I can learn how to create my own OS, nothing grand or great, that it would be enough to teach me how a computer works while booting and running.

I'm just one of those idiots who likes to torture himself doing things the hard way, I guess, Ha ha...

Anyway, it gives me something to think about, and to try and figure out. One more piece of a puzzle I've been looking for pertaining to the low level inner workings of a computer.

I just thought of something.

When you re-compile 'X', I don't think it uses the system installed *.h files, but instead ones that are included as part of the source code download.

And that comment was *NOT* directed at you, but instead of to the GTK people.... What is the point of HARD CODING the Compose keys when there already is a standard for such a thing that is more flexible !?!?

Just Joined!
    I didn't think of recompiling X, but I did start reading about xkbcomp thinking that it might help. So far it doesn't seem likely. I haven't found a single compiled keyboard on this system at all. So I'm figuring then that any xkb files are compiled at init.

...Well, looks like I'm going to do it the easy way then, I guess. I knew GTK was used in X, but not necessary for X. And quite frankly, I'm not even going to bother learning about X for quite a while, outside of what's necessary.

Out of curiosity...How well would you rate your knowledge of Cherokee, and which dialect do you know? ᎣᏔᎵ ᏣᎳᎩ ᏥᏬᏂᏍᎩ, ᎠᎴᏃ Ꮭ ᏙᏳ ᎣᏍᏓ ᏱᏥᏬᏂᏍᎩ, ᎥᏎᏅ ᏍᏈᏍᏗ ᎪᎵᎦ.

<edit>
    From the GTK+ documentation.
    Code:
                                          Besides, the input methods developed
    become immediately available to GTK+ in all platforms it supports, including
    XFree86, Windows, and GNU/Linux framebuffer console. The drawback is that
    the input methods cannot be shared with non-GTK+ applications.
    Perhaps the reason that xim isn't working with mousepad is because it isn't a GTK application. Also, doesn't work in Abiword, OpenOffice, xfce4 desktop, and not even iceweasel. So it only works on Opera on my system. So from what I gather Gnome uses GTK where as the other WM do not.

Knowledge of ᏣᎳᎩ and recompiling and here's a new .XCompose!

Quote Originally Posted by Mol_Bolom View Post
    Out of curiosity...How well would you rate your knowledge of Cherokee, and which dialect do you know? ᎣᏔᎵ ᏣᎳᎩ ᏥᏬᏂᏍᎩ, ᎠᎴᏃ Ꮭ ᏙᏳ ᎣᏍᏓ ᏱᏥᏬᏂᏍᎩ, ᎥᏎᏅ ᏍᏈᏍᏗ ᎪᎵᎦ.
    Extremely poor. I can say "ᎣᏍᏲ", "ᏩᏙ", "ᏩᏯ", "ᎩᏟ", "ᏩᏚᎵᏏ", "ᏥᏍᏚ", "ᏩᎶᏏ" and a couple of other animals. The dialect in the "Beginning Cherokee" book by "Ruth Bradley Holmes and Betty Sharp Smith" is Oklahoma, 1970's. (before RAP, etc.) /

I am hoping to go to St. George, GA this evening for "First and Last" as they call it there.

I am just "restarting", now that I can actually type it based on sounds on the English keyboard... I also didn't have a book w/ matching audio till last week, discovered that on books.google.com there is the first 65 pages of "Beginning Cherokee", I actually have the CD's to that book, just not the book! My biggest concern has been learning correct pronunciation so that I don't talk with a North Florida Accent. / I think I have finally conceptualized a computer program design that will hopefully allow me to tag pictures with spoken word in such a manner as to teach in a pictorial fashion so that one actually begins to think in ᏣᎳᎩ much faster than with simple repeats. (I actually own Piemsleur language disks for Japanese and German, their approach is very useful I think, just trying to expand it to a more programmatic and natural learning approach).

From the GTK+ documentation.
    Code:
                                          Besides, the input methods developed
    become immediately available to GTK+ in all platforms it supports, including
    XFree86, Windows, and GNU/Linux framebuffer console. The drawback is that
    the input methods cannot be shared with non-GTK+ applications.
    Perhaps the reason that xim isn't working with mousepad is because it isn't a GTK application. Also, doesn't work in Abiword, OpenOffice, xfce4 desktop, and not even iceweasel. So it only works on Opera on my system. So from what I gather Gnome uses GTK where as the other WM do not.
    Did you set both environment variables I referenced before, before starting the afflicted applications? I can type ᏣᎳᎩ in OpenOffice perfectly fine! If you start an xterm, and do a
    Code:
    set | less
    , do you see your environment variables already set the way you need them without having to set them?

Oh, and here is my updated .XCompose file, I have remapped the numbers and symbols back to their standard values. Which is definately a great help!

Code:
    # ~/.XCompose
    # This file defines custom Compose sequences for Unicode characters

# Import default rules from the system Compose file:
    include "/usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose"

#a -> v
    <U13A0> :	"Ꭰ" #a
    <U13A1> :	"Ꭱ" #e
    <U13A2> :	"Ꭲ" #i
    <U13A3> :	"Ꭳ" #o
    <U13A4> :	"Ꭴ" #u
    <U13A5> :	"Ꭵ" #v

#ga -> gv
    <U13A6><U13A0>: "Ꭶ" #ga
    <U13B8><U13A0>: "Ꭷ" #ka
    <U13A6><U13A1>: "Ꭸ" #ge
    <U13A6><U13A2>: "Ꭹ" #gi
    <U13A6><U13A3>: "Ꭺ" #go
    <U13A6><U13A4>: "Ꭻ" #gu
    <U13A6><U13A5>: "Ꭼ" #gv

#ha -> hv
    <U13AF><U13A0>: "Ꭽ" #ha
    <U13AF><U13A1>: "Ꭾ" #he
    <U13AF><U13A2>: "Ꭿ" #hi
    <U13AF><U13A3>: "Ꮀ" #ho
    <U13AF><U13A4>: "Ꮁ" #hu
    <U13AF><U13A5>: "Ꮂ" #hv

#(la)
    <U13B5><U13A0>: "Ꮃ" #la
    <U13B5><U13A1>: "Ꮄ" #le
    <U13B5><U13A2>: "Ꮅ" #li
    <U13B5><U13A3>: "Ꮆ" #lo
    <U13B5><U13A4>: "Ꮇ" #lu
    <U13B5><U13A5>: "Ꮈ" #lv

#(ma)
    <U13C5><U13A0>: "Ꮉ" #ma
    <U13C5><U13A1>: "Ꮊ" #me
    <U13C5><U13A2>: "Ꮋ" #mi
    <U13C5><U13A3>: "Ꮌ"  #mo
    <U13C5><U13A4>: "Ꮍ" #mu

#(na)
    <U13BE><U13A0>: "Ꮎ" #na
    <U13BE><U13BB><U13A0>: "Ꮏ" #hna
    <U13BE><U13CC>: "Ꮐ" #nah/(typed: nA)
    <U13BE><U13A1>: "Ꮑ" #ne
    <U13BE><U13A2>: "Ꮒ" #ni
    <U13BE><U13A3>: "Ꮓ" #no
    <U13BE><U13A4>: "Ꮔ" #nu
    <U13BE><U13A5>: "Ꭴ" #nv

#(qua)
    <U13AA><U13A4><U13A0>: "Ꮖ" #qua
    <U13AA><U13A4><U13A1>: "Ꮗ" #que
    <U13AA><U13A4><U13A2>: "Ꮘ" #qui
    <U13AA><U13A4><U13A3>: "Ꮙ" #quo
    <U13AA><U13A4><U13A4>: "Ꮚ" #quu
    <U13AA><U13A4><U13A5>: "Ꮛ" #quv

#(sa)
    <U13CD><U13A0>: "Ꮜ" #sa
    <U13CE>: "Ꮝ" #s / (typed S)
    <U13CD><U13A1>: "Ꮞ" #se
    <U13CD><U13A2>: "Ꮟ" #si
    <U13CD><U13A3>: "Ꮠ" #so
    <U13CD><U13A4>: "Ꮡ" #su
    <U13CD><U13A5>: "Ꮢ" #sv

#(da)
    <U13D7><U13A0>: "Ꮣ" #da
    <U13D4><U13A0>: "Ꮤ" #ta
    <U13D7><U13A1>: "Ꮥ" #de
    <U13D4><U13A1>: "Ꮦ" #te
    <U13D7><U13A2>: "Ꮧ" #di 
    <U13D4><U13A2>: "Ꮨ" #ti
    <U13D7><U13A3>: "Ꮩ" #do
    <U13D7><U13A4>: "Ꮪ" #du
    <U13D7><U13A5>: "Ꮫ" #dv

#(dla)
    <U13D7><U13B5><U13A0>: "Ꮬ" #dla
    <U13D4><U13B5><U13A0>: "Ꮭ" #tla
    <U13D4><U13B5><U13A1>: "Ꮮ" #tle
    <U13D4><U13B5><U13A2>: "Ꮯ" #tli
    <U13D4><U13B5><U13A3>: "Ꮰ" #tlo
    <U13D4><U13B5><U13A4>: "Ꮱ" #tlu
    <U13D4><U13B5><U13A5>: "Ꮲ" #tlv

#(tsa)
    <U13D4><U13CD><U13A0>: "Ꮳ" #tsa
    <U13D4><U13CD><U13A1>: "Ꮴ" #tse
    <U13D4><U13CD><U13A2>: "Ꮵ" #tsi
    <U13D4><U13CD><U13A3>: "Ꮶ" #tso
    <U13D4><U13CD><U13A4>: "Ꮷ" #tsu
    <U13D4><U13CD><U13A5>: "Ꮸ" #tsv

#(wa)
    <U13B3><U13A0>: "Ꮹ" #wa
    <U13B3><U13A1>: "Ꮺ" #we
    <U13B3><U13A2>: "Ꮻ" #wi
    <U13B3><U13A3>: "Ꮼ" #wo
    <U13B3><U13A4>: "Ꮽ" #wu
    <U13B3><U13A5>: "Ꮾ" #wv

#(ya)
    <U13EF><U13A0>: "Ꮿ" #ya
    <U13EF><U13A1>: "Ᏸ" #ye
    <U13EF><U13A2>: "Ᏹ" #yi
    <U13EF><U13A3>: "Ᏺ" #yo
    <U13EF><U13A4>: "Ᏻ" #yu
    <U13EF><U13A5>: "Ᏼ" #yv

#remap numbers and symbols back to US English use.
    # `: "`"
    # 1: "1"
    # 2: "2"
    # 3: "3"
    <U13D9>: "4" # Ꮩ4
    <U13E6>: "5" # Ꮶ5
    <U13DC>: "6" # Ꮬ6
    <U13CB>: "7" # Ꮛ7
    <U13D6>: "8" # Ꮦ8
    <U13D2>: "9" # Ꮢ9
    <U13C4>: "0" # Ꮔ0
    <U13BF>: "-" # Ꮏ-
    <U13F3>: "=" # Ᏻ=

<U13CA>: "~" #Ꮚ~
    <U13B1>: "!" #Ꮁ!
    <U13C7>: "@" #Ꮗ@
    <U13E7>: "#" #Ꮷ#
    <U13B0>: "$" #Ꮀ$
    <U13B9>: "%" #Ꮉ%
    <U13DD>: "^" #Ꮭ^
    <U13E1>: "&" #Ꮱ&
    <U13BA>: "*" #Ꮊ*
    #(: "("
    #): ")"
    <U13BC>: "_" #Ꮌ_
    <U13BD>: "+" #Ꮍ+

<U13D5>: "[" #Ꮥ[
    <U13B6>: "]" #Ꮆ]
    <U13C0>: "\\" #ᏩᏩ\

<U13D1>: "{" #Ꮡ{
    <U13E4>: "}" #Ꮴ}
    <U13EE>: "|" #Ꮾ|

<U13E8>: ";" #Ꮸ;
    #': "'"

<U13E0>: ":" #Ꮰ:
    #": "\""

#,: ","
    #.: "."
    <U13C2>: "/" #Ꮒ/

<U13E2>: "<" #Ꮲ<
    <U13B4>: ">" #Ꮄ>
    <U13C9>: "?" #Ꮙ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just Joined!
    Ok, I checked and found out both were not set, however, I used them in bash, but however, that didn't work either. Rather odd...

I've got to get and do a few things today, so I'm not going to be able to do anymore......

I'll have to edit your .XCompose file, ...Unfortunately, on my system I guess I don't have unicode enabled so I have to change each Cherokee letter for the corresponding U13##. I had to do it to the other file you posted before...

"Beginning Cherokee" book by "Ruth Bradley Holmes and Betty Sharp Smith" is Oklahoma, 1970's.
    I had that book once upon a time, and the cassettes, . However, it wasn't very helpful for me. The dialect I began learning was quite different than that book. Never could get the hang of didehlgwasdi, to me it'll always be didetlokwasdi (in pronunciation). I found Durbin Feelings Cherokee Dictionary to be far more helpful.

And as for pronunciations, yep, I can understand that one 100%. Very difficult going from a language that there basically is no need to note pitch shift to a language where there is an absolute need to know how the word is pronounced. itsiyvhia = I am going in again. itsiyvhia = You 3 or more are entering (And they are not pronounced with the same pitch). Or even in a worse case scenario adding the prefix tsi- changes the pitch of the second to last syllable...tsitsiyav "That which I was inside of"...

I finally figured out a lot about the pitches, but still I'm sure I'd get slapped quite a bit if I ever tried to speak it to a Cherokee, LOL...Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near any fluent speakers, so I've had to rely on Cherokee Nation, and many sites on the internet, even helped out a bit at www.cherokee-online.com before loosing the internet a few years back (to which something happened and it's no longer there, and I haven't heard why from Sky, the moderator of the site).

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I really do need to get...

Thanks for all your help.

"whois cherokee-online.com"

Domain Name: cherokee-online.com

Created on..............: Sat, Aug 24, 2002
    Expires on..............: Mon, Aug 24, 2009
    Record last updated on..: Sun, Aug 24, 2008

Administrative Contact:
    Sky Campbell
    Sky Campbell
    *********, ** 12345
    US
    Phone: 1234567890
    Email: wahya Ꭷ poncacity Ꮣ net

Just Joined!
    After fighting with xkb for hours today, I've finally given up, and have made some major modifications. I've uploaded two files, "tsa" which is the xkb symbol file which should be copied to /etc/X11/xkb/symbols. The other one is the .XCompose.

The most major modifications are, there is no need to press shift in order to type in Cherokee. Instead shift is reserved for typing in English, or any language that uses the Romanized alphabet. The two windows keys are used for typing Capital letters in the Romanized script.

Now, since I designed this based on the dialect that I speak, I would suggest anyone who views this layout too difficult to change it to suit their needs.

Here's a list of the key strokes.

q = Ꮚ
    ww = Ꮹ
    wa,e,i,o,u,v = Ꮹ Ꮺ Ꮻ Ꮼ Ꮽ Ꮾ
    e = Ꭱ
    r = Ꮢ
    tt = Ꮨ
    ta,e,i,o,u,v = Ꮤ Ꮦ Ꮨ Ꮩ Ꮪ Ꮫ
    tla... = Ꮭ Ꮮ Ꮯ Ꮰ Ꮱ Ꮲ
    tsa... = Ꮳ Ꮴ Ꮵ Ꮶ Ꮷ Ꮸ
    yy = Ꮿ
    ya,e,i,o,u,v = Ꮿ Ᏸ Ᏹ Ᏺ Ᏻ Ᏼ
    u = Ꭴ
    i = Ꭲ
    o = Ꭳ
    p = Ꮲ
    a = Ꭰ
    ss = Ꮠ
    sa... = Ꮜ Ꮞ Ꮟ Ꮠ Ꮡ Ꮢ
    x = Ꮝ
    dd = Ꮣ
    da... = Ꮣ Ꮥ Ꮧ Ꮩ Ꮪ Ꮫ
    dla... = Ꮬ Ꮮ Ꮯ Ꮰ Ꮱ Ꮲ
    gg = Ꭹ
    ga... = Ꭶ Ꭸ Ꭹ Ꭺ Ꭻ Ꭼ
    hh = Ꭿ
    ha... = Ꭽ Ꭾ Ꭿ Ꮀ Ꮁ Ꮂ
    jj = Ꮵ
    ja... = Ꮳ Ꮴ Ꮵ Ꮶ Ꮷ Ꮸ
    kk = Ꭺ
    ka... = Ꭷ Ꭸ Ꭹ Ꭺ Ꭻ Ꭼ
    ll = Ꮅ
    la... = Ꮃ Ꮄ Ꮅ Ꮆ Ꮇ Ꮈ
    z = Ꮓ
    x = Ꮝ
    cc = Ꮵ
    ca... = Ꮳ Ꮴ Ꮵ Ꮶ Ꮷ Ꮸ
    v = Ꭵ
    b = Ᏼ
    nn = Ꮕ
    hna = Ꮏ
    nh = Ꮐ
    na... = Ꮎ Ꮑ Ꮒ Ꮓ Ꮔ Ꮕ
    mm = Ꮉ
    ma... = Ꮉ Ꮊ Ꮋ Ꮌ Ꮍ

All the other characters are still usable. `1234567890-=, etc...

Unfortunately, this keyboard layout is quite useless without the .XCompose file.

Well, check it out and see what you think of it...

Darn it, doesn't look like it uploaded the files...

Well, here they are...

tsa
    Code:
    partial alphanumeric_keys
    xkb_symbols "cherokee" {
        name[Group1]= "Cherokee / US";

// Alphanumeric section
        key <TLDE> { [       grave,   asciitilde                 ] };
        key <AE01> { [           1,       exclam                 ] };
        key <AE02> { [           2,           at                 ] };
        key <AE03> { [           3,   numbersign                 ] };
        key <AE04> { [           4,       dollar                 ] };
        key <AE05> { [           5,      percent                 ] };
        key <AE06> { [           6,  asciicircum                 ] };
        key <AE07> { [           7,    ampersand                 ] };
        key <AE08> { [           8,     asterisk                 ] };
        key <AE09> { [           9,    parenleft                 ] };
        key <AE10> { [           0,   parenright                 ] };
        key <AE11> { [       minus,   underscore                 ] };
        key <AE12> { [       equal,         plus                 ] };
        key <AD01> { [       U13CA,            q,    Q           ] };
        key <AD02> { [       U13E9,            w,    W           ] };
        key <AD03> { [       U13A1,            e,    E           ] };
        key <AD04> { [       U13D2,            r,    R           ] };
        key <AD05> { [       U13D4,            t,    T           ] };
        key <AD06> { [       U13EF,            y,    Y           ] };
        key <AD07> { [       U13A4,            u,    U           ] };
        key <AD08> { [       U13A2,            i,    I           ] };
        key <AD09> { [       U13A3,            o,    O           ] };
        key <AD10> { [       U13E2,            p,    P           ] }; 
        key <AD11> { [ bracketleft,    braceleft                 ] };
        key <AD12> { [bracketright,   braceright                 ] };
        key <AC01> { [       U13A0,            a,    A           ] };
        key <AC02> { [       U13CC,            s,    S           ] };
        key <AC03> { [       U13D3,            d,    D           ] };
        key <AC04> { [       U13B8,            f,    F           ] };
        key <AC05> { [       U13A6,            g,    G           ] };
        key <AC06> { [       U13AD,            h,    H           ] };
        key <AC07> { [       U13E3,            j,    J           ] };
        key <AC08> { [       U13A7,            k,    K           ] };
        key <AC09> { [       U13B3,            l,    L           ] };
        key <AC10> { [   semicolon,        colon                 ] };
        key <AC11> { [  apostrophe,     quotedbl                 ] };
        key <AB01> { [       U13C3,            z,    Z           ] };
        key <AB02> { [       U13CD,            x,    X           ] };
        key <AB03> { [       U13E3,            c,    C           ] };
        key <AB04> { [       U13A5,            v,    V           ] };
        key <AB05> { [       U13F4,            b,    B           ] };
        key <AB06> { [       U13BE,            n,    N           ] };
        key <AB07> { [       U13B9,            m,    M           ] };
        key <AB08> { [       comma,         less                 ] };
        key <AB09> { [      period,      greater                 ] };
        key <AB10> { [       slash,     question                 ] };
        key <BKSL> { [   backslash,          bar                 ] };

key <LWIN> {type[Group1]="ONE_LEVEL", symbols[Group1] = [ ISO_Level3_Shift ] };
      key <RWIN> {type[Group1]="ONE_LEVEL", symbols[Group1] = [ ISO_Level3_Shift ] };

modifier_map Mod5   { ISO_Level3_Shift };

};
    .XCompose
    Code:
    # Import default rules from the system Compose file:
    include "/usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose"

#g + g = gi
    <U13A6> <U13A6> : U13A9
    #g + a, e, i, o, u, v
    <U13A6> <U13A0>	: U13A6 
    <U13A6> <U13A1>	: U13A8 
    <U13A6> <U13A2>	: U13A9 
    <U13A6> <U13A3>	: U13AA 
    <U13A6> <U13A4>	: U13AB
    <U13A6> <U13A5>	: U13AC 

#k + k = go
    <U13A7> <U13A7> : U13AA
    #k + a, e, i, o, u, v
    <U13A7> <U13A0>	: U13A7
    <U13A7> <U13A1>	: U13A8 
    <U13A7> <U13A2>	: U13A9
    <U13A7> <U13A3>	: U13AA
    <U13A7> <U13A4>	: U13AB
    <U13A7> <U13A5>	: U13AC

#g + w + a, e, i, o, u, v
    <U13A6> <U13E9> <U13A0>	: U13C6
    <U13A6> <U13E9> <U13A1>	: U13C7
    <U13A6> <U13E9> <U13A2>	: U13C8
    <U13A6> <U13E9> <U13A3>	: U13C9
    <U13A6> <U13E9> <U13A4>	: U13CA
    <U13A6> <U13E9> <U13A5>	: U13CB

#In the Nahuatl language, if a syllable ends in uc it is pronounced almost like the kw in
    # Cherokee ulvkwdi.
    #w + k = kwi
    <U13E9> <U13A7>  : U13C8
    #k + w + a, e, i, o, u, v
    <U13A7> <U13E9> <U13A0>	: U13C6
    <U13A7> <U13E9> <U13A1>	: U13C7
    <U13A7> <U13E9> <U13A2>	: U13C8
    <U13A7> <U13E9> <U13A3>	: U13C9
    <U13A7> <U13E9> <U13A4>	: U13CA
    <U13A7> <U13E9> <U13A5>	: U13CB

#h + h = hi
    <U13AD> <U13AD> : U13AF