Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys, im proud to proclaim that im almost a fully linux user! everything about linux is so cool! i can make many different adjustments to it. however, IF my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dude, linux rocks!!

hey guys, im proud to proclaim that im almost a fully linux user! everything about linux is so cool! i can make many different adjustments to it. however, IF my pRINTER IS GONNA FINALLY WORK, IM GOING TO THROW MS WINDOWS OUTTA OF MY HOSUE!!!! all i can say is, "wow, linux roxs!"

lemma compare differences between windows and linux:

windows
    -restricts me from accessing important files.
    -many limitations.
    -plain
    -many good applications are commerical which requires me to buy
    -and more

linux
    -holy ****, SO SO INVERSE to ms windows!!!!
    -allows me to recompile the kernel source code, and the other files.
    -many good applications are free to download from the internet
    -FREE programming languages
    -and many more!!

seriously, for past 20 hours with redhat linux 8.. dude, im getting even more wiser and smart. hopefully, i might be 1337 someday! when i had to use windows for HL: Counter-Strike game, i looked at ms windows's desktop and menus and **** like that... i was like.. "UGGHH!! god!" lol.. u know how it is. A question.. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN PLAY HL:COUNTER-STRIKE ON RED HAT LINUX 8 MACHINE!?!?!?

Linux Guru
    Hey! I'm glad for such a response. That's like the most powerful ever. Linux banzai! =)
    If you installed Wine, you could try running HL with it. There are successful reports of running HL in Wine, but I wouldn't count on it. Anyway, the best way to find out is to try. Try WineX as well. It's available on sourceforge.net.

Linux User
    Its not long since winex3 was relased, and i think CS will run good at it because CS runs 50/50 at some friends of mine with winex2.2 something. www.transgaming.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I don't really care much about windows programs these days, but every time I've tried a program that is essentially more advanced than notepad or mspaint, wine crashes for different reasons. I've tried at least 4 Wine distributions and currently a WineX from sourceforge. I haven't done much (or any) research on it, though; maybe there's just something I haven't done.

Linux User
    well, trying different -winver's etc does seem to work some times, strangely, but the closest i have come to run my favorite game Commandos, is to find out that winex doesnt support the cd copy protection on the cd

Also, some directx based game is supposed to run 100% on linux, so the developers must be doing something right

Linux Guru
    Commandos is a good game. I'm sure there is some crack that you can use, don't you think?

Linux User
    yeah, true. wounder why i never thought of that...
    But now there is a problem nr. 2: where is the cd?

Linux Guru
    lol... that might be a worse problem...