Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok,, here is how it goes.When Linux boots up and scans all my hard ware,, it stalls on the USB portion,about 10 minutes of a stall, the PCI USB in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SuSE Boot up problem

ok,, here is how it goes.When Linux boots up and scans all my hard ware,, it stalls on the USB portion,about 10 minutes of a stall, the PCI USB in fact,, and none of my USB ports are on a expansion slot,, 6 on board USB ports,, but not on a PCI slot. It is USB 2.0, and I am not sure if there is a problem with USBv2.0 and Linux. Then there is one device that may be part of the problem, my Creative Audigy 2 card I use on my Windows partition, it has no drivers for Linux, so I just use onboard sound,,,, butttttttt,, SuSE knows the card is there, so I do not know if that is part of the problem. If you have had any experience,, and know what I should do, please help,, feel frre to send an E-Mail

Linux Guru
    You shouldn't cross-post.

Just Joined!
    What version of SuSE are you using...I am a SuSE user and in 8.1 I had trouble during boot You could always disable onboard USB in the BIOS and see if that helps...Also, check out opensource.creative.com I use an Extigy, and they have some drivers available for the Audigys and Extigys

evan hazlett

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close