Find the answer to your Linux question:
How would someone go about setting up and configuring Postfix for the first time. Trying to do some admin level work and this will be my first level. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Talking Postfix

How would someone go about setting up and configuring Postfix for the first time. Trying to do some admin level work and this will be my first level. I have it installed, I know most of the commands, what would I do to configure POSTFIX and have it work with email? Any ideas or walkthrews would be great.

SOCEN

Just Joined!
    Hi,

I'm relatively new to Linux and I am working on building a postfix server also. One tutorial that I used was: Postfix Howtos, Guides and Tipps by Ralf Hildebrandt and Patrick Koetter
    I hope this is of some use to you. I am currently having problems with setting up user authentication. At the moment all of it is in plain text authentication, where as I require this to be encrypted some how. I have worked through the smtp guide from this URL but it fails with "local problem" from the CA when trying to use SASLAUTHD.

Regards
    Ian

Just Joined!
    Thank you very much, just bought that book. Very useful. I am an Exchange Admin looking to go to linux, so studying up a little. Thanks for the info. Cheers

Socen

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by socen View Post
    Thank you very much, just bought that book. Very useful. I am an Exchange Admin looking to go to linux, so studying up a little. Thanks for the info. Cheers

Socen
    Always good to broaden the horizons Try to learn how to administrate a lot of operating systems, like Solaris and FreeDOS too, even. You have waaay more opporunity and the job's easier since you start to understand some of the 'why' answers also.