Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have searched everywhere for it and it seems like it isnt on thier website. Doesn't say anything about live just the full hdd install. The link that linux forums ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dreamlinux live cd?

I have searched everywhere for it and it seems like it isnt on thier website. Doesn't say anything about live just the full hdd install. The link that linux forums gave me (http://www.dreamlinux.com.br/english/download.html) gives me an error 404. I heard dreamlinux was cool and wanted to test it out on a live cd. Thanks

Hey JTB7, were you looking at the 3.5 rc4? I'm not sure if that is live, but if you go to their website (dreamlinux), and click the "download" tab at the top, you get a screen with two mirrors of 3.5rc4, and below that, two mirrors of "desktop edition 3.2". If you download the desktop edition, it is a live CD with both GNOME and Xfce (you get a choice at boot-up). Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by aluminumspleen View Post
    Hey JTB7, were you looking at the 3.5 rc4? I'm not sure if that is live, but if you go to their website (dreamlinux), and click the "download" tab at the top, you get a screen with two mirrors of 3.5rc4, and below that, two mirrors of "desktop edition 3.2". If you download the desktop edition, it is a live CD with both GNOME and Xfce (you get a choice at boot-up). Good luck!
    Thanks aluminumspleen. I am downloading it now Just wondering, do you run dreamlinux?

I don't really, I had just read your post and thought to myself "Gee, I have always wanted to try Dreamlinux also!" So, I did some searching and found it. It piques my interest that it has a nice tool to install on a flash drive Although, I already have Puppy on a flash, and it would be hard to replace her but who knows Dreamlinux seems like a nifty little distro. What got you interested in Dreamlinux?

Quote Originally Posted by aluminumspleen View Post
    I don't really, I had just read your post and thought to myself "Gee, I have always wanted to try Dreamlinux also!" So, I did some searching and found it. It piques my interest that it has a nice tool to install on a flash drive Although, I already have Puppy on a flash, and it would be hard to replace her but who knows Dreamlinux seems like a nifty little distro. What got you interested in Dreamlinux?
    The way it looks, all those media apps it has and my SUSE linux isnt working very well. I ran dreamlinux and its pretty sweet. I am going to put it on a flashdrive to see if I can get it to get wireless internet(through ndiswrapper). I am not familiar with Debian, though. I can learn I guess...

Awesome! I'm guessing you downloaded the 130 MB or so media extras CD also. That looked like it had some neat apps (I've been trying for a little while to get HandBrake to work on my Ubuntu system...not there yet!). Good luck with the flash drive and the wireless internet!