Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have set up an old Pentium 133 MHz machine running Mandrake 9.0 as a DHCP server and internet connection sharer. It worked perfectly and it was running stable. When ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Network "freezes"

I have set up an old Pentium 133 MHz machine running Mandrake 9.0 as a DHCP server and internet connection sharer. It worked perfectly and it was running stable. When Mandrake 9.1 was released I decided to upgrade but then I could not make the internet connection work (PPPOE ADSL) so I formatted the harddrives and reinstalled Mandrake 9.0. I sat up the ADSL connection and internet sharing and everything seemed to work perfectly. But the thing is that for no particular reason at all, the network stops responding and DHCP services don't hand out IP addresses and SSH does not work either? Everything involving network just "freezes". Can someone help me? I would rather not format and install all over again...

Linux Guru
    When it stops responding, does the internal interface still show up with ifconfig?

Just Joined!
    yes. It does.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    If you try to ping another internal machine from the router, do you get any error? Note that you might have to wait a few seconds for an error to appear.